The core business of an audit firm are statutory and contractual annual audits. Our audit approach is based on audit strategies and plans which are tailored to the business environment of our clients.
Our performance spectrum includes:
- National and international annual audits
- Audit of annual financial statements compiled according to national and international accounting principles (local-GAAP, IAS-IFRS)
- Audits of mergers and other changes of a company’s legal form
- Audit of foundation of an enterprise
- Other audits of selected accounting areas
Outsourcing and Accounting
Outsourcing is frequently employed as means to cut costs.
We provide the following outsourcing services:
- Internal audit
- Financial accounting
- Payroll accounting
- Year-end closing
Our core advisory areas include:
- Selection of legal form of a companies
- Foundation of companies
- Restructuring of companies
- Preparation of cash basis accountings
- Establishing of annual statements of accounts and tax declarations
- National and international tax consultancy and tax planning
- Preparation of and assistance in appeals procedures and complaints
- Consulting on social security matters
- Cross-border tax advisory and international tax minimization
At Mazars we offer a full range of services that will give you a clear insight into your company strategy, business processes and financial reports.
Management of internal control
We offer risk-oriented solutions for problems in the following areas:
- Internal audit
- IT audit
- Governance, Risk Management and Internal Control
Business recovery and reconstruction services
Our Business Recovery and Reconstruction Services team advises stakeholders on how to maximise the value of their investments in businesses that face challenges in the current economic climate
Business advisory services
Do you want to improve your business efficiency and performance? Our teams at Mazars can help you with business process improvement.
Are you involved in a dispute or thinking about taking legal action? Or are you concerned about fraud in your business? If so, you will need a team that you can trust.
Management and IT services
We can help you structure your IT organisation and processes and help you establish internal controls and manage risks by:
- Analysing your IT function,
- Reorganising and/or reconfiguring your information system processes,
- Helping with IT security and risk,
- Strengthening internal IT controls (LSF, SOX),
- Helping you meet regulatory requirements.
Mazars Transaction Services teams can offer all the necessary skills and expertise to serve all aspects of your transactions. From valuation, due diligence and assistance to underperforming business and litigation support.
Acquisition due diligence
Mazars can help you:
- Gain an understanding of the performance of your target company,
- Identify and analyse the key value drivers behind the acquisition price,
- Identify potential risks,
- Maximise financial and tax positions,
- Help draft price adjustment and warranty and indemnity clauses and implement them,
- Conduct a post-acquisition audit, preparing your opening balance sheet.
Vendor due diligence
Our services include:
- Identifying and prioritising factors to increase the business value,
- Compiling pro forma financial information,
- Analysing past performance and building or reviewing a business plan,
- Organising and managing data to showcase information,
- Providing guidance at each phase of the negotiation process,
- Maximising your financial and tax position,
- Help drafting a price adjustment or warranty and indemnity clause,
- Help managing any potential litigation and claims processes.
We will support you with:
- Acquisitions - corporate acquisitions/mergers and acquisitions and management led transactions such as: management buy out (MBO), management buy in (MBI) and buy-in management buy out (BIMBO),
- Disposals - corporate divestment programmes, non-core business disposal and retirement sales,
- Raising funds - selecting the right type of funding (debt, equity or a mix) and developing an attractive proposition to potential funders,
- Valuations - an objective and independent service.
Mergers and acquisitions
If you are going through an acquisition, Mazars will examine the financial, legal and tax circumstances of your target company.
If you find that your business is struggling you will want to get to grips with any operational issues and get back to making a profit. Your business may need some restructuring, whether it is improving your organizational structure or making internal operations more efficient.
Mazars can help you value your investments, business and assets. You might want to forecast the financial effects of a business restructuring or determine an asset value during this process.
Mazars can assist you with every transaction, whether it is refinancing, restructuring or an acquisition.
We can assist and advise you in specific areas in which we excel, notably:
- Mergers and acquisitions,
- Banking and finance,
- Real estate,
- Restructuring and insolvency,
- Labour and pensions,
- Litigation and arbitration.